Dung Nguyen is a graphic designer, a traveler, and an explorer. She graduated with honors at San Francisco State University majoring in Visual Communication Design. Dung Nguyen found passion in design at a young age while making cards for her mother and loved ones. She started her design career with a campaign for Foothill Productions in 2012 in Los Altos Hill, California, where she received a scholarship in Creative and Fine Arts for her creative achievement and leadership activity.
Currently she has been deeply involved in the tech world and applying exciting technology to her design. As a creative, she believes that design functions as a tool of communication. It is a way to solve and deliver complicated data, message as well as information. Her design aesthetic is a harmony of boldness and minimalism.
Dung loves morning coffee and waffles!
San Francisco State University
- Bachelor of Science | Visual Communication Design
- May 2014 | GPA: 3.65
Member of Epsilon Pi Tau Honor Society
Recipient of Creative/Fine Art Scholarship 2012
- Problem Solver
- Skilled in Illustration, Data Visualization
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Acrobat, Premium Pro
- Website Design, Mobile Design
- Animation, Video Editing
- Presentation visualization (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs, Google Slides, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows & Mac OS
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful in the completion of projects, effective at multi-tasking
Tradeshift San Francisco, CA — On-going
- Graphic Designer (Marketing Team)
- Designed marketing materials for a growing tech company based in Copenhagen, Denmark, with locations in Tokyo, London, Paris, Munich, Suzhou, San Francisco.
- Designed concept and visuals for campaigns (both print and digital graphic design)
- Created creative assets for tradeshows (booth, flyers, one-pagers), improve branding in blog visual, strengthen brand identity and recognition.
- Integrated UI UX design into motion graphic to introduce the product platform and engage clients’ interest.
MSL Design San Francisco, CA — 2014
- Graphic Design Consultant
- Designed visual indentity and communication for the firm
- Composed design presentation to Herman Miller, Inc.
San Fransisco State University San Francisco, CA— 2014
- Typography Teaching Assistant for Steve Jones—SFSU Associate Professor
- Provided constructive criticism
- Helped students develop creative thinking and problem solving skills
Junior Achievement of Northern California Berkeley, CA — 2013
- Special Events Graphic Designer Intern (Marketing Team)
- Designed brochure, postcard, event page, mailing materials to key sponsors such as Wells Fargo and AT&T
Foothill Productions Palo Alto, CA— 2012
- Branded and promoted the organization
- Designed a campaign (logo, website, advertisement, guide book)
- Created visual identity for the local artist Vicious Groove
Dep Magazine Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam — 2010
- Production Assistant Intern
- Assisted photoshoots, edited fashion layouts for Gucci, Burberry, etc.
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY SERVICE
AIGA SF member since 2012
President of the ESL Club Palo Alto, CA , 2011- 2012
- Foothill College Palo Alto, CA , 2010 - 2012
- Saint Francis Methodist School Singapore, 2008 - 2009
- Typo 2013 - 2014
- San Francisco Green Festival 2011